The Biobehavioral lab is looking for students interested in applying to the American Physiological Society (APS) Summer Research Fellowship program.
The program allows students to participate in hands-on research in the laboratory for 10 weeks in the summer (dates June 1-July 31, 2020).
Fellows receive a $4,000 stipend and travel expenses (up to $1,300 for domestic students and up to $1,800 for international students) to attend the APS annual meeting at Experimental Biology. Additional $1000 for housing are awarded to top candidates.
The application deadline is February 1st
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (not restricted to UNC).
- Applicant should not have more than nine calendar months of research experience in a physiology laboratory, no previous peer reviewed publications, and no previous abstracts submitted to national or international meetings
- Applicant must have an overall GPA of >3.0 (0-4.0 scale).
- There are no citizenship requirements for this award
Check out these blogs from past summer APS fellows!
- A summer of asthma research (https://blog.lifescitrc.org/ugresearch/2019/02/01/take-my-breath-away-a-summer-of-asthma-research/)
- Sex differences in asthma (https://blog.lifescitrc.org/ugresearch/2019/02/26/2018-summer-of-science-sex-differences-in-asthma/)